AARP Tax Assistance at Olathe Main
Free tax assistance is available for taxpayers with middle or lower income. Walk-ins are accepted but some advance appointments may be available. To make an appointment, click here.
Assistance is available February 4 through April 15 at the Main Olathe library (201 E. Park St.)
Monday through Thursday 10am to 4pm & Saturdays 12pm-4pm
Please note that if the Olathe School District closes for inclement weather, tax assistance will also be canceled.
Please bring the following:
- A photo ID for you and your spouse
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and any dependents
- A copy of last year's income tax return
- All documents relating to your income (W-2s, 1099 forms, SSA-1099, and any statements from the payer of pension or annuity, gambling income, etc.)
- All forms indicating federal income tax paid
- Unemployment compensation statements
- Dependent Care Provider information (name, employer ID, SSN)
- Details of rent paid or real estate taxes for claiming Kansas Homestead refunds
- Summary lists of receipts and canceled checks for deductible items, if itemizing
For more information, please call 913-971-6888.